Free Government Forms .com - logo

Home Page IRS Tax Forms Social Security United States Postal Service    

Form 4506

Request for Copy of Tax Return

Download and Print the Form 4506

Request may not be processed if the form is incomplete or illegible. OMB No. 1545-0429


You may be able to get your tax return or return information from other sources.

If you had your tax return completed by a paid preparer, they should be able to provide you a copy of the return.

The IRS can provide a Tax Return Transcript for many returns free of charge.

The transcript provides most of the line entries from the original tax return and usually contains the information that a third party (such as a mortgage company) requires.

See Form 4506-T, Request for Transcript of Tax Return, or you can quickly request transcripts by using our automated self-help service tools.

Please visit us at and click on “Order a Transcript” or call 1-800-908-9946.

And much more...